Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Rocket!

Rocket has been very sick.  We took him to the vet on Tuesday, and they said he is at the beginning of the end of his life.  He wasn't eating or drinking.  It looked like he had had a stroke or seizures or something.  His lower jaw was hanging weird.  Eric and I had the conversation of when to have him euthanized.  I decided that I would go buy him some food to see if I could get him to eat.  We got the food that him and Ginger used to have, and some treats.  Rocket started eating that food like crazy!  He was very hungry.  The food that he likes has protein which will effect his kidney disease.  He needs a food that doesn't have protein, but he doesn't like that food, so we will let him enjoy this food.  I think we have extended his life a little, but we know that the end is coming soon.  We are going to enjoy every day extra that we have him in our home.  He is a special blessing in our family!  We love you so much Rocket Chester!!! 

No comments: